Every time I write anything or give advice on a healthy hair care journey I always feel like either I’m leaving something out or saying too much. So I’m going to compile a list of as many random tidbits as I can rattle off. Here we go…
- A clean scalp is a healthy scalp…wash/ co-wash your hair on at least a weekly basis
- Keep your ends trimmed
- Begin your journey with a goal in mind (mine was health)
- Vitamins are your friend (either biotin or hair, skin & nails)
- Get a good night’s rest
- Work out regularly
- Develop good stress-coping techniques
- Be careful not use too much protein if your hair is relaxed
- Don’t be afraid to mix other ingredients in a deep conditioner ( I like to add olive oil and honey!)
- Drink at least 8 servings of water
- Sleep with a bonnet cap or satin pillowcase
- Avoid products that have petroleum or mineral oil in their ingredient list
- Read the ingredient list on your potential products
- Detangle your hair in the shower
- Dry your hair in a T-Shirt instead of a towel
- Protective styles are your friend
- When using heat tools, invest in higher grade metal mediums (ceramic, titanium, gold-plated, etc).
- ALWAYS use a heat protecting product when using heat tools
- When trying new products, introduce them 1 at a time; that way you can tell if your hair likes it or not.
- Buff your nails before washing your hair to prevent any snagging
- When using buns as a protective style, change the position of your bun often
I’m sure there are many more that I haven’t named. Let me know what yours are below! Much love & have a great day!