So today I’ll be sharing my thoughts on a product I bought a few weeks ago, Maybelline Pure Dream BB Cream. I bought it because I wanted something I could wear on down days with a little coverage but wouldn’t further aggravate my skin.
Here’s what it claims:
- Clears acne
- Conceals imperfections
- Minimizes look of pores
- Reduces appearance of redness
- Adjusts to skin tone
- Hydrates and soothes
- Enhances and clarifies
- 0% Oils and lightweight feelHere’s how these stacked up for me in reality:
- Clears acne- Over the past few weeks of wearing this at least 3 times a week I have noticed that my skin has calmed down as far as breakouts. I would describe my skin as normal/dry with hormonal breakouts (chin and sometimes jaw line about a week before the Aunt comes to visit). My skin isn’t perfect; I still break out on my chin. But instead of it being HUGE its much smaller and heals quicker.
- Conceals imperfections- Maybe if you have minimal imperfections this will be true, but honestly it doesn’t completely conceal my imperfections. With it’s sheer coverage I could still see some of my acne scarring. This was a claim I didn’t have too much faith in to begin with.
- Minimizes look of pores- Unfortunately I don’t have naturally large pores so I can’t you with this one.
- Reduces appearance of redness- If dealing with more severe redness this may not work, but for my main issue of redness (acne) this definitely works.
- Adjusts to skin tone- Also true. I bought this in medium-dark tint, and before, during and after my beach trip is was able to adjust to match.
- Hydrates and soothes- Despite this product containing salicylic acid, it leaves my skin hydrated but not to the point of being dewy
- Enhances and clarifies- Not really sure about this claim (a little vague) but my skin quality has improved since using it…
- 0% Oils and lightweight feel- Its has the consistency of a tinted moisturizer so because of it’s lack of coverage, it’s lightweight on the face
My skin is normal-to-dry, with a habit if breaking out hormonally. I’ve never used a BB cream before, and overall I’m happy with this one. My expectations overall were met with the product. This almost makes me want to update my 5 Minute Face routine…as you can guess this booted out the concealer/powder routine almost immediately. Any type of liquid is typically a Go for me.
I hope this helps you guys out!